Tuesday, September 21, 2004

About thephoenixnyc

I will talk a bit about who I am.

I am a single male living and working in NYC. I am a curious, reflective and passionate person (or so I think when I think). My greatest achievement in life was to change and grow as time has gone on.

My passions are many and varied.

Travel (25 countries and 46 US States so far)
Music (Old Punk, Reggae, classic Rock, Ethnic and World, Jazz, Blues, Classical)
Reading (Especially 19th century English, Russian, French and American literature, philosophy and poetry)
Collecting (Antiquities, Antiques, Prints, Newspapers, Asiana)
My Career ( I am in International business - mostly in Asia)
Writing (I have been published in US Newspapers and Magazines)
NYC
spirituality (I am a Joseph Campbell devotee and have studied world myth, religion and symbolism for 15 years
Sports (Playing and Watching)

Some of the greatest and most amazing things I have done and seen in my lifetime include hiking the Great Wall of China, taking a helicopter onto a glacier in the mountains of Alaska, floating on the Dead Sea and driving across the US.

I went to University in the US.

I worked in the high tech industry for 9 years before getting into international trade. These are two of my companies: Shanghai Direct Inc and Airborne Leathers

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Just wanted to pop by and say hello. Drop by sometime....

May 27, 2005 at 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressive.

April 15, 2006 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger Blueblood said...

Hey Phoenix -
It's Blueblood from BP. How are you? I have learned of a guy in NY that is seeking manufacturing capability for a household item and thought of Bright Star. I am hoping you are able to drop me an e-mail so that I can see if this project would be a good fit for you. I think it might be. I am at
coopergroupusa@yahoo.com
I look forward to hearing from you and hope all is well. Cheers.

January 28, 2007 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

It looks like you suspended commmenting on your blog, so I just wanted to write to say I liked the Imus piece today. Very few people have recognized the SEXISM in his comments as well as the racism.

April 10, 2007 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Briana said...

How do you manage to travel so much? It's a long-term goal for me, but I'm afraid I'll never be able to afford it.

June 14, 2007 at 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you at now ?

July 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home